Decree no. 16/1996. (III. 20.) IKM (Ministry of Industry and Trade) on the Establishment and Awarding of the Jedlik Ányos Award
With the consent of the President of the Hungarian Patent Office and on the basis of authorization given in paragraph (1) of Article 7 in Act XXXI as of 1991 on the Medals of the Republic of Hungary:
The effect of this decree is extended to the persons given ministerial recognition for their inventor's work or their work in protection of industrial property.
(1) The Jedlik Ányos Award - a professional award established by this decree on the occasion of the centennial of the Hungarian Patent Office - may be given as recognition for outstandingly successful inventor's work or work of excellent standard and efficiency in the protection of industrial property.
(2) Five awards may be awarded annually. An award can also be shared in case of a common inventor's work or work in the protection of industrial property.
(3) The awardee is given a diploma and a plaque.
(4) The plaque is a two-sided bronze medal of 9 cm diameter. Its obverse is decorated with the embossed bust of Ányos Jedlik with the legend 'Jedlik Ányos-díj' ('Jedlik Ányos Award'). The reverse also depicts a crater-like formation with sparks flying out symbolising creative thought and invention as well as the inscription 'Magyar Szabadalmi Hivatal 1896-1996' ('Hungarian Patent Office 1896-1996'). Along the edge the edge reads the name of the awardee and also the 'AT' initials of the artist.
(1) Prize-money equal to fivefold the amount of the prevailing basic salary according to Act XXIII as of 1992 on the Legal Status of Civil Servants along with the Jedlik Ányos Award, which amount is tax-free according to general regulations.
(2) The source of prize-money given with the award comes from the budget of the Hungarian Patent Office.
(1) The Jedlik Ányos Award is awarded by President of the Office by the powers assigned by the Minister supervising the Hungarian Patent Office.
(2) The state organizations, economic organizations as well as the trade and interest group organs may make proposals on recognition.
(3) Also the consent of the Minister of Foreign Affairs must be obtained in case of recognition of a foreign citizen.
(4) Awarding occurs once a year on the occasion of the national 15 March holiday.
(1) The Jedlik Ányos Award is delivered to the awardees by the President of the Hungarian Patent Office or his delegate in ceremonial circumstances.
(2) The recognition and the merits of the awardees must be published in the Official Journal of the Hungarian Patent Office.
(1) The Jedlik Ányos Award may not be awarded to anyone against whom disciplinary proceedings or criminal procedures are in progress or who is under the effect of a binding disciplinary decision or conviction.
(2) Anyone prohibited by the court from practising public affairs shall become unworthy of recognition. The person becoming unworthy must be deprived of the award and the deprivation must be announced in the Official Journal of the Hungarian Patent Office.
(1) This decree takes effect on the day of announcement
(2) In the year of establishment, the awarding of Jedlik Ányos Award takes place on the occasion of the celebration of the centennial of Hungarian Patent Office.