Moholy Extra – the reporting exhibition of the grantees of 2019 has opened
Due to the extraordinary circumstances resulting from the Covid-19 pandemic, the jubilee opening ceremony was held online and introduced, among others, the eight young designers and design theoreticians who participated in the six-month-long grant programme last year, during which time they implemented their professional projects individually or in collaboration with manufacturers.
Grantees of 2019:
- Demeter Fogarasi (Breeze Chair – Bio-composite furniture)
- Kitti Mayer (The Design Center – The Institutional System of Design in Hungary between 1975 and 1991)
- Zsófia Lévai (ROMP – augmented perception in an interactive gaming space)
- Júlia Oravecz (Living - Design and social innovation for liveable and affordable micro-flats)
- Veronika Szalai (CUBE 2.0 game with real and virtual patterns)
- Apol Temesi (Rawfiction - Geo tiles)
- Lili Veres-Veszprémi (Nesting)
- Fruzsina Zalavári (Line material - Fashion jewellery in the language of porcelain)
The speeches at the opening ceremony were given by Gyula Pomázi, the president of the Hungarian Intellectual Property Office and the Hungarian Design Council, as well as by Zsuzsa Lázár, the chairman of the László Moholy-Nagy Design Grant Committee and the director of the Buda Art School.
The online opening can be watched on the Facebook page of the László Moholy-Nagy Design Grant.
The grantees’ projects are exhibited in the Zipernowsky Studio from 5 to 25 November 2020.
Please note that due to Covid-19 restrictions the exhibition is closed to visitors from 11 November but can be viewed in the window front of the Zipernowsky Studio.
Address: Zipernowsky Stúdió, 1114 Budapest, Bartók Béla út 33.
The catalogue presenting the projects of the grantees of 2019 can be accessed at
Further information is available at facebook.com/moholyosztondij.