(1886 - 1971)
In 1909 Rybár obtained his teaching diploma in physics and mathematics at the University of Sciences in Pest. By 1908 he was already assisting Loránd Eötvös, and later became his principal lecturer. From 1915 he was a university lecturer.
In his scientific work, his attention leaned towards questions in spectrum analysis and reflexion of light. Later he concentrated on the improvement and development of the torsion balance.
Rybár's name and work became widely recognized, and many European countries invited him to work and lecture. In 1930 he spent several months at the University of Houston.
After returning to Budapest, he became a member of the Eötvös Loránd Institute of Geophysics, and the improved torsion balance type E 54 won the grand prize at the Brussels World Fair in 1958.
From 1931 he was a member of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences.